FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ways to search for upgrade space at booking?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:42 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
Actually, if you search SFO-HKG, .com will return routings via ORD and EWR. Though functionally, you're correct, it's really only useful for the SFO originating TPACs because the domestic connection will render the R inventory invalid for the ORD/EWR itineraries. Since I'm not interested in connecting TPAC via ORD or EWR, this doesn't matter to me.
Does it always return all possible routings or is this only the case for SFO-HKG? I thought that .com will sometimes leave out some options for whatever reason.

I do agree that searching one day is relatively easy. When I search for vacation travel, I might want to search over a one or two month period in order to find R inventory aligning to the vacation length. This greats really tedious. Then if I want to try to check every day incase something opens up, it gets ridiculous. Now that UA has messed up something where I can only search about two weeks or so before getting an error message, the task becomes nearly impossible. I'm not sure what UA gains with making R difficult to find. They control the inventory.