FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Time it takes to pack & unpack, and any strategy for not having to repeat each time?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:41 pm
Low Roller

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Packing takes maybe 30 minutes. Except on very rare occasions, I only take carry-on, so no time is wasted deciding what bag to take. One phone/iPad charger always stays in my briefcase, along with headphones, a couple of pens and a few extra ziplock bags so that I never forget them.

I have a bathroom drawer where I keep toiletry bags for my husband and I. Some things stay in the bag and I put them on the counter the night before a trip to so that I don't forget to put in last minute things like toothbrushes. I keep small liquid containers in ziplock bags in the same drawer, so that it's all in one place and I don't have go looking for things.

Clothing is simple, one set of shirts, socks and underwear per day plus 1 or two extras (depending on trip length) for unexpected circumstances. Just a couple of pairs of pants or shorts since they can be worn more than once without washing. I usually try to get by with just the shoes and jacket that I'm wearing on the plane, so that I don't have to pack extras. I keep a cloth shopping bag in the suitcase for dirty cloths or to double as a beach/pool bag.

Unpacking takes about 15-20 minutes since clothing gets dumped in the laundry, toiletries get refilled for the next trip and any receipts or paperwork gets filed or shredded.