FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enhanced compensation as First passenger?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:45 am
EsherFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by lordgaino
I guess I feel that given the significant sum paid for the ticket (which to me is a lot of money and was a treat to myself), being confined to a plane for six hours and the fact that I missed a whole evening of a very short trip, that EUR600 doesn't exactly cut it.
I didn't see if you commented on commented on the catering / refreshments on the replacement aircraft. If everything was available there then the 10k Avios starts to look more reasonable.

If not then I'd feel the same. You can typically buy 10k Avios for ~£100 via Iberia offers, and that's a very poor partial refund on something that BA claim has £000 of value over the cheaper options you could have used - however it is enough for a decent meal out somewhere which hopefully will be more enjoyable anyway. As other mention above you might have expected 30k-50k Avios the past, which makes a lot more sense in terms of trying to make premium customer feel more valued and willing to spend the same again. However, very little prospect of that these days it seems.