FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - West coast strategy for JetBlue
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:56 am
sfozrhfco

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by NextTrip
I still don't see B6 expanding there.
Could you explain how a relationship between JetSuiteX and JetBlue would do anything to promote each other. I'm sorry, I don't understand what that means.
Besides, doesn't BUR have a 10pm curfew.

1. It is a low risk way for jetBlue to ente/test out a market with very little investment.
2. It gives Jetblue loyal passengers another option while still earning TrueBlue points
3. At certain times of day depending on where your final destination is, LGB or BUR could be more convenient and traffic a lot less horrific.

With the new new service from Oakland to BUR, I can take B6 from SFO to LGB on a Friday night when it is reasonably easy to get to the LAX area or the Westside with Uber/Lyft. On a Sunday coming back, jetsuitex from Burbank is more convenient. Instead of taking VX,WN, UA etc from the mess that is LAX, I can now return from Burbank or LGB depending on where in the LA area I am.

Obviously at at this point the jetsuiteX schedule is limited but with the addition of SJC and OAK, I have two upcoming trips that would have been on VX, that are now one way on B6 and one way on jetsuiteX. If more service were added from OAK/SJC I would definitely take them more. There are lots of possibilities for incremental adds over time- especially given gate constraints at SFO/LAX for the next couple years. Building up a base of loyal flyers will help once B6 do have the gate space to expand at LAX/SFO.