FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:53 am
alesiao

Lounge access on 2 leg journey with different cabin class

Firstly, apologies if this question is answered somewhere else. I assume there is a name for a journey with 2 flights in different cabin classes but I don't know what it is and this makes searching the forum a bit difficult.
I am planning on booking a flight from BKK to ATH via DXB using Qantas rewards points.
The flight is with Emirates.
I want to book one leg in business (preferably the 1st leg as it's longer) and the other in economy.
I have checked and there is availability for this.
I have 3 questions;
1. Is it possible to book the journey in the 2 different classes but on the one ticket? I can't find a way to do this using the Qantas website but maybe if I call? I don't want to wait on hold for an hour if the answer is going to be no.
2. If I book this as 2 separate journeys, will I be able to access the business class lounge in Dubai during my stopover (7 hours) if my flight to Dubai is in Business and my flight from Dubai to Athens is in Economy?
3. If I book it as 2 separate tickets, is there likely to be any issue with having my luggage booked all the way through to Athens?
Side note: I'm not concerned about luggage allowance as my bag isn't that heavy.
I hope this makes sense... Thanks!