FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:55 pm
Johnnieboy

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
The food and beverage offerings in this lounge have declined absolutely massively in the past few years— massively, and has nothing to do with the regional flights cuts since the summer. Also any premium passenger on the regional flights would be in Al Safwa (also huge decline in quality).
I'm not sure it is fair to say that beverage offerings have declined. Fizzy stuff and wines have always been rotated seasonally. If you are referring to the serving of krug back in the day before al safwa opened, then it is helpful to remember that al mourjan was also catering for First Class passengers when it first opened but is not now. Yes the a la carte menu has gone, and we don't know for sure whether that was a cut back or a health and safety issue, but in my experience if you ask nicely the staff will whip up something fresh from what they have, even if it's not Michelin star. But then it never was. And yes the deli is now closed during the afternoon, but there is almost nobody in the lounge then as there are almost no long haul flights at that time of day, made worse by no ex-regional connecting passengers. In any case, I certainly wouldn't want perishable items sitting around on display for hours before being served to me.

Personally, I preferred the old Premium Terminal. But apart from the crowds at certain times, I really don't see al mourjan having the massive, massive decline you describe

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Nov 25, 2017 at 1:01 pm