FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enhanced TCON Service Trial
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:37 am
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by silver_halide
Plating on board doesn’t mean they done come individually packed, just that they aren’t served in the container they come in.
Originally Posted by songsc
I have seen an aluminium tray of about 10 steaks in the galley. So if things have not change, at least the mains are packed together then plated individually.
As per the above, that was the image I had when I made my initial comment about individual plating.
In any case, my intent was not to be negative, and I certainly appreciate and welcome any attempt to improve the ambiance & method on board. At least the airline is looking and trying alternative methods.
However, I do see this as a 4 quarters for a dollar approach as they are just shifting around the same item.
An additional FA would be great, but sadly this isn't going to happen because of the cost. The lavatory cleaning won't happen either because the FAs absolutely refuse to have anything to do with it. It's the western version of a caste system, where some folks is too high falootin' to clean. I expect the FAs would go out on strike before deigning to wipe down a sink. I get it that it can be rather disgusting in Y on some routes, but surely the customers in J merit a guarantee of tissues and a non olfactory attack when using the closet sized lav. (They could at least provide some bog spray to cover up the stench of someone's rotting innards as they do on the nicer Asian airlines.)