FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've been Global Services for 5 years and I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone else?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:53 am
bldr1k

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Back to the original thread - while I'm not looking to another airline I really don't think the benefits of GS are that great anymore. Upgrades have basically disappeared (at least for me on the routes I fly) and if there are any seats left within 24 hours, GS means absolutely nothing and anyone can snag them with an RPU or miles.

With a few exceptions (e.g. converting T, boarding priority), the benefits of GS and 1K are the same.

It is funny that GS started going down the tubes about the time Scott Kirby joined United. Maybe a coincidence, but AA CK started getting better after he left and now appears to be a much better level than United GS. Everyone seems reluctant to criticize Oscar, but he is going to be the reason we all leave or stop spending to get to GS. Even Smisek understood the value of the GS fliers.

Given how few GS fliers there are, and the amount they spend (it is way harder to get to GS than CK), I think Scott and Oscar have completely lost their minds.