FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:12 am
RG1X

Originally Posted by RG1X
Hello all. Hopefully this is an appropriate place for my newbie question. I'm sure it's been answered a hundred times, but this forum is probably the largest I've ever seen... and navigating it isn't proving easy!

I have a number of journeys planned next year (mostly short haul, a couple long haul) and I'm wondering if there's a reasonable rule of thumb for how long I should wait before booking the tickets. I appreciate that this is a "how long is a piece of string" question. But more than anything I'm just after general guidelines. I'm guessing that if a route appears in a sale then it's generally a good idea to go for it. If it helps, the first of my un-booked flights is in March, and I'm probably looking at 1 per month from there until the end of the year.

I saw in another post that someone suggested using expert flyer to make sure availability doesn't drop too low on particular flights. So I'm guessing that's an option (I've not used the tool before).

Thanks.
I think this might have been lost a bit whilst waiting for a moderator to approve it. Anyone got any input?