FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:56 am
bob12403

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
It's the same promo code. As for whether they are still paying the summer bonus well into winter, that seems to be a YMMV experience. But it is the same code (305023).
My wife and I have so far received our points for 7 rentals since the January 2018 extension, with several more rentals to go. Each of the seven has received 5,250 in total miles, so at least from our perspective this is not YMMV. Given that many people here, myself included, received an email in just the past week reiterating the availability of the 5,250 offer, I'm confident that this offer will be honored for upcoming rentals (at least if you're targeted, which we are).

Our experience is that it takes roughly 10 days to receive all the points, with the 1,500 and 500 posting together first, followed by both the 3,000 and 250 at one time around a week later. The delay between the first set of posts and the second does make you start wondering if you're going to get that second round of points for each rental.

And I will repeat a caution to the folks booking for the first time: if you start doing multiple searches, and especially if you use the advanced search feature, the codes sometimes will drop off from your initial entry. Double-check your reservation to make sure both codes are included. One additional caveat: I have done a fair amount of rebookings of existing reservations as I've found price drops. I'm always careful to cancel the older reservation. At least at IAD, some of the cancelled reservations show up as "open reservations" at the checkout gate, so that the person checking me out is seeing multiple reservations for the same time and the same day. If they choose an older reservation, the rate I've been charged is of course higher than the last, lowest rate I reserved. The difference is usually just a few dollars, as I'm always booking in a range of $22-$27.

I've started bringing a copy of the correct reservation with me and comparing it to the receipt handed to me when I'm at the checkout gate. In past instances, I've had to go into the office after returning the car, where they've either cancelled the completed reservation and reissued it with the correct rate, or just issued me a credit that can be used for a future rental.

Last edited by bob12403; Nov 25, 2017 at 6:43 am