FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ways to search for upgrade space at booking?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:19 pm
bruinflyer

Sure. Here's the goal, but we're looking at flying in a few days early and there's flexibility to maybe stop over in LAX for a day or two on each end (which is a common stopover, so it doesn't seem to cost anything according to my search).

20170407 IAD->OGG
20170414 OGG->IAD

I've got both RPUs and GPUs. In this case I can use RPU but I was trying to ask the question for the future too - I've come across this because and want to learn how to be smarter about these upgrades that... kinda like lots of folks... I end up not using because I get waitlisted all the time (and never clear the waitlist).

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
You're looking for R, not I... If you want guaranteed (at the time of booking), look for R on united.com.
^ this is the solid gold answer I was looking for!

--------

Expert Flyer is of no use in that respect.
Why do you say that? I would normally go set an alert for R-class on EF and see if something shows up...

--------

Neat! I had a different chart saved (locally, not a FT link) that was missing some info. Thanks!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 29, 2019 at 1:41 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member