FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 Days 2 nights at Bali
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:50 pm
dhammer53
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
I am looking at doing a side trip from SIN to DPS in 4-6 Jan. I have never been to Bali (or Indonesia) before, and I am looking at the almost endless number of hotel options.

I thought about using my points to redeem 2 nights, instead of paying cash as it is peak season there due to Xmas and Aussie school holidays:

. Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort (32K)
After 6 nights in Ubud, we spent our last 2 nights relaxing at the Grand Hyatt. One afternoon, we decided to go to lunch in Kuta. Big mistake. Kuta is the armpit of Bali. It's like a bad Hollywood movie set. Small beaches (unlike Nusa Dua), that appeared dirty. Lots of chain hotels. Very congested. We kept hearing this is the favorite destination of Australians that like to party, and it looked it. We ate adjacent to the Market when we arrived. It was a 30 minute Uber ride from the Hyatt, and about $5.00 USD. We ate. We walked. We high-tailed it back to the Hyatt. We should have gone somewhere else, or better yet, we should have gone to the nice outdoor mall next to the Hyatt. There were lots of places to eat.

By the way, the Grand Hyatt is roughly $145 USD. If you have any status with Hyatt, the lounge offered an exceptional breakfast and dinner.

​​​​​​​dh