FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada VIP Service
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:13 am
DrunkCargo

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I tend to approach anyone (the pax) when it's clear they are AC VIP, just to have a friendly chat (6 so far). One VIP had a Tumi or Rowena (I forget now) hardshell carryon, with fabric pockets, and an AC roundel embroidered on it. I forget if it actually said VIP under it, but given he was willing to use it in travel, probably not. I did joke at one point that it was fancy, to which he quipped he couldn't find his regular bag so he quickly used this. I guess actual VIPs don't really want to advertise for their service providers or be confused for working for the taxi company?

What I remember distinctly, was the 2 hour conversation with the guy... one that started me in torn jeans and $2 white teeshirt asking "Do you work for Air Canada? You certainly are receiving a lot of attention..." as 2 concierges looked on... and later a business card handed to me end of flight while offloading...

I can confirm the VIPs I've chatted with do command some AC spend, but all 6 themselves do not fly enough (*A commercial flights) to be AC elite, possibly not even 25k (never really grilled them on this). I got the sense that "next flight out" is more important than "next flight that credits to some program". I imagine the other reason for VIP to exist is to provide some isolation between famous pax and plebes... Wouldn't want IRROPs owing to a herd harassing one pax for autographs and such. Boarding this pax last after the herd has boarded would minimize the disruption.