FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding by group to be introduced [general discussion]
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:42 am
Dover2Golf
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by nallison
I really wish a airline would do this. I really don't understand why no-one has, it can still use group numbers so is perfectly straightforward for passengers. Obviously passengers sat next to each other would have to be allowed to board together and be placed in the same group or it would never be accepted, but as they wouldn't need to get past each other that shouldn't significantly slow it down.

The elephant in the room is of course, do too many people get priority boarding for any efficient process to work? And when so many people have it, is it even priority, or just a fig leaf airlines throw to make people feel special? Would it not be better to limit it to fewer people and make the whole process more efficient?
Lufthansa did this about ten years ago and dropped it because people didn't comply and it caused more problems than it solved. I agree though if it works it's excellent but if Germans don't comply with orderly boarding what hope is there?