FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounges
Thread: Lounges
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:21 am
corbomite

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
We all know I post here a ton. BUT, surprisingly, I haven't had much experience with lounges except for KE Lounge Main Terminal and Sky Hub ONCE.

So, I have a new Korean check card. I get a choice between China Eastern, Matinam and Sky Hub Lounge. I'm actually also flying China Eastern to BKK through PVG.

So, as of these days, which one is best? I know the food is going to be "average." I've done some research and it looks like China Eastern at least LOOKS the nicest as far as design. I just remember that the Sky Hub felt COMPLETELY unlounge-like. I used it 2016 in the afternoon around SE Asia bank departure. There was a line to get in, crowded, annoying Korea crowd. And I didn't see any liquor.

As I said to my BF, if we go to China Eastern lounge, it looks nice AND there is liquor. We have six drinks each that pays for his access fee (can buy on CE website for 27,000W). Mine is free just for having the check card. I'm not there to eat a full meal or do work. Just drink and enjoy private space.

Also, I kind of want to just enjoy the ridiculousness that is the China Eastern "experience."

Thanks team!

-Michael

The China Eastern lounge is supposed to have even less choices in food and alcohol than the Asiana lounges (which are pretty dismal themselves), if you can believe that. Maybe one hot dish, mostly snacks with bread and sandwiches. And about 5 choices of hard liquor. It does look nice though, much better than the Asiana lounge late at night.

But then again since the food sucks that means there will rarely be Koreans in the lounge so it'll be quiet. The Sky Hub Lounge is in 'vouge' with the Korean crowd for having the best food which explains the lines.

Since I usually fly out late at night I'm stuck with the Asiana lounge since 1. if in business it's on Emirates which uses the Asiana lounge 2. if it's not Emirates it's still the Asiana lounge since it's the only lounge late at night that takes PP cards

Last edited by corbomite; Nov 23, 2017 at 6:28 am