FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:51 am
xenole

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Hodders
If the GoSleep pods are available (is Tallinn airport open overnight?) then they’re actually pretty good. They’re nothing like a hotel room obviously, but for a few hours worth I find them pretty good for somewhere slightly dark to have a nap, with the benefit that any belongings can be stored more safely. When I’ve had shortish overnight connections at Helsinki I’ve used them in preference to paying for a hotel for just a few hours sleep, and would definitely recommend them, especially if you have lounge access and so access to a shower to freshen yourself up.
Having a quick Google, it seems that if you have a boarding pass for an early morning flight, security are fine with you staying airside.
Really depends on how cold it is outside but sure it hit -5C overnight when I was there in January.
It will be something to tick off my bucket list at the very least.

Are the breakfasts out of HEL still the same? Hoping they're not as bad as whatever we were served on the flight back after the May meet-up.

Also, I'm trying to choose seats and get this message from the AY website:
"Unfortunately you cannot select a seat on this flight until your travel class upgrade is confirmed"

Last edited by xenole; Nov 23, 2017 at 2:45 am