FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:46 pm
wenzlydale

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Thumbs down Options significantly reduced

Back in January 2017 I booked a MAN-DOH-AUH reservation in J for flights in a weeks time. Yesterday, I contacted the QR UK office and was told that my only options were a full refund (in 5 weeks !!) or rebooking on Turkish Airlines. I had prepared DOH-MCT-AUH alternatives, but was told that I could be reticketed to MCT. But the onward flights to/from AUH would be at my expense. Apparently QR paying for Oman Air flights ceased on Oct 1st. I enquired about a total reroute on BA, but this was also denied. I looked at booking the MCT-AUH flights but they were ~ £500 in J.

I repeatedly asked that I be rerouted on a OneWorld carrier and was told that this was not possible.

In the end I have applied for a full refund and have managed to get a BA CW seat using a joker and an upgrade cert for ~ £1000, saving me £300 on the QR fare.

I had flown and enjoyed QR before, but I will certainly think twice about booking them again.