FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Muddy Boots in First Class: New Zealand (CX/NZ J, SQ/NH F)
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:09 pm
txflyer77

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
This looks epic. The South Island of NZ is one of my favourite places in the world, especially the Abel Tasman National Park. Can't wait for the updates!
Abel Tasman was definitely one of my favorite stops! If I go back to New Zealand I'll definitely spend more time in that area, especially the little towns in the Golden Bays region.

Originally Posted by gpy
Looking forward to this one as I'm starting to hobble together a NZ trip!
Enjoy!

Originally Posted by thebear
Also looking forward to this as I am doing the Routeburn Track in a few weeks also with Ultimate Hikes.
You won't be disappointed! I'm seriously considering going back to do the Grand Traverse, which pairs the Routeburn with the Greenstone Track. If you do another track with them within a year you get 10% off.

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Wow looks like an awesome trip. Can't wait to read. Your AKL-SYD-SIN-NRT-SFO award was priced by SQ as a single award ticket? I have had the SQ call center for similar itineraries tell me this involves backtracking and wouldn't do it for me.
Yep, one ticket. Originally ticketed as SYD-SIN-HND/NRT-SFO, I changed first to SIN-NRT-SFO (dropping HND), then added on the AKL leg. Could be that adding AKL later trips a glitch that gets around the backtracking checks.

Originally Posted by DanielW
Looks like an awesome itinerary, really looking forward to this, txflyer77.
I was quite pleased with it! There are things I wish I'd had time to add in NZ but overall I felt it was a good pace. If (when?) I go back, I'd add Taupo, Golden Bays, Wanaka and Mt. Cook, plus more time on Waiheke Island.