FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA --> Delta or United
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:48 am
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skyteamguy
Agreed. Not having the ability to redeem for IFC was a major bummer for me personally, before I made the switch. Once you try F, there's no going back. J is more like a gateway drug

Over the past couple of years, I've been privileged enough to fly CX F, EY F, BA F and CX J using my AA miles (haven't spent > 115K one way for F). Closest equivalent using DL SM would probably be D1, AF or VS J. Not even a fair fight...
This. The inability to redeem for F awards is a major negative for DL in my view, I am OK with J for work trips but for vacations I will only travel in F. While with AA miles you might not be able to find an award seat in F when you need to fly, which happened on my vacation last year and I was stuck buying F on GA and EY but this year I was able to secure CX F and EY F award seats which saved a ton of money. Add in all the other award issues related to the SkyPeso and while I will fly DL when its the best option it will never be my preferred airline, if I was to leave AA it'd have to be UA for the ability to book F awards.