FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Information for Airlines based in Taiwan
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:07 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by timpolti1
I read the revised and new, more detailled information-explanation on the CI website,
but I still have 2 questions, so I really hope someone here can clarify, thank you ...

If I collect 30.000 miles, my status will be immediate changed to "gold" and from then onwards I have 2 years time to do another 40.000 miles to keep that golden status.
So far so good ...
CI says however that milage is not enough, you have to do 6 "qualified weighted-trips" ... and here the confusion sets in

6 qualified weighted-trips within 24 months or in each year (12+12 months), meaning you have to reach "12" ?
And ...
Could someone please explain what the hell a "qualified weighted-trip (QWT)" exactely means ???
6 international one-way flights
6 international return flights
What about Europe to Australia, does 1 boarding pass counts as 'QWT" ?
Thus Europe to NZ via TPE and BNE up to 6 QWT ?

Thank you very much, bye Timo

These 6 qualified flights is within 24months. Also they have to be with CI and not another Skyteam Carrier. This starts from the 1st of December 2017.
Also note once you have reached gold status your status mileage resets back to 0 so if you want to upgrade to emerald status you will need to achieve another 50,000 miles (within a 12month period after achieving gold level) to move up.