FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shanghai Luxury Hotels
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:24 pm
callmedtop

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Obviously, the StR is quite new, but I’ll be very curious to hear what you think. I’ve heard the hard product is exceptional.

Have you ever stayed at the Pen Shanghai? I ask because our Grand Deluxe River Suite was one of the nicest suites we’ve ever enjoyed, and the service was flawless when we were there in May 2012. I’d be very curious how you compare the StR with the Pen, PH, and/or RC, since we visited all of those during our stay. (My TripAdvisor review of the Pen: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...-Shanghai.html)
The hard product looks quite stunning so I am looking forward to my stay. We'll see about the soft product but I am cautiously optimistic. Given the corporate rate we are using + Citi 4th night free + Plat benefits, even if the soft product is very disappointing, I doubt I will have any regrets not staying elsewhere.

I've only stayed at the PH Shanghai (and had a decent, but not necessarily amazing stay - but Pudong doesn't really do it for me), as well as the W-A (which I liked far more than it gets credit for here, and I think, along with AMS, is the "crown jewel" of the W-A portfolio, not that that means much), so not sure how valid my comparison will be. I'll still hopefully put together a trip report along with Amanfayun.