FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling to the US to Settle Arrest Warrants
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:33 pm
danielonn

Originally Posted by Irish flyer
My friends uncles are living in palm beach and I had planned on staying with them over wkend until court date, would this hold any weight in miami
No sorry it does not matter your friend's hold no weight in your situation. You are at the mercy of the court system. When you enter in your Advanced Passenger Information and where you will be staying in the states at the first point of entry technically your Friend's could be held accountable for harboring a criminal. I am sorry but either way you will be found sooner or later.

With today's technology they can pull up all of your criminal history and will detain you when they find out that there is a warrant for your arrest. They can consider you evading from the law even you have a court date to clear this up. With a warrant you will be arrested and booked and then taken to your court date. At the court you may or may not be credited for your time and may be asked to serve a sentence and pay the fines. They may deport you or have you on probation where you will be asked to sign a document stating that you will not commit another crime and if you do you will be banned from the United States for 10 years or life.

A DUI Is taken very seriously here for US Citizens so for a foreigner its worse especially you have a warrant. I would be afraid to even come here to the US until you have a letter from the US Consulate/Embassy that you are admissible to the USA.

Please keep us posted and don't be afraid to ask us questions here. I am just preparing you for what can happen and its very likely you will be held for questioning. Just know that your Advanced Passenger Information that you enter is used for this cause as they look into your crimes committed in the USA and abroad if necessary. Again you may not chance it coming to the USA without legal representation. Perhaps an international lawyer may need to accompany you through customs.

Do you have a Bail? Did you pay the Bail?