FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding by group to be introduced [general discussion]
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:05 pm
seat1C

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by highexpectations
that’s exactly what the staff do at Glasgow. They never invite CE, Gold and Emerald. They always group CE, Gold, Emerald with Silver and Bronze, even though ALL the signs at ALL the boarding gates clearly state that the aircraft will be boarded in strict order starting with CE, Gold and Emerald (SH obviously).
I really hope that the BA staff don’t just fob this off and get lazy and revert to just saying, “We are now calling forward Groups 1,2&3 to board via the priority lane!”

Totally agree with the experience in Glasgow - it's a real rarity that they do it properly. I fear that on short haul they will basically announce 1,2 and 3 at pretty much the same time . On most short haul I wouldn't have a problem with 1&2 at the same time so long as there is reasonable gap before 3 (as that's where the real lack of priority hits). I am hoping they will still have proper fast track lanes so that those of us in 1 or 2 who arrive later don't get stuck at the back. Selfish - a bit - but that's what we pay for.