FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alex Cruz at TLV Celebrating 85 Years of BA
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:49 am
NYTA

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
It's a very interesting option for a short break, but most who are visiting Petra, fly into TLV, drive by to the Dead Sea, and then onto Petra - because it's a pretty easy drive to do.

I dare say I'm friends with the sons/daughters of some of the Glaswegian Jews you were at school with! It's a small world!

For those discussing the seasonality of Eilat, it's worth noting that Eilat gets pretty hot. Now, that sounds stupid I appreciate, but it makes it a pretty quiet place to visit during June-August.

However, Eilat over Passover (April) and Succot (September/October) is hugely popular. As such, a seasonal routing would potentially be a tough one to work out, because the season would need to run from September-April, when most of the schedules run October-March.

I'd personally be quite surprised if the route launched, especially from LGW. However, if STN or LTN were options to Eilat, then at least the airports would be within reach of the communities in North-West London.

M
Having been in Eilat this past August, it is hot, but hardly quiet. Our hotel was full and the city was rather crowded. Not cheap either!