FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:56 pm
wuzziduzziman

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by Gajan
From my experience, it depends on the card you have. From what I have read, if you have a co-branded Silver or Gold card, they can offer you a (full) discount on the fees.

with the platinum card we have never gotten any discount, but do get extra miles on purchases for 3 months & bonus miles. Has anyone with the platinum card managed got a reduction on the fees?
No, but I gave it try (Dutch FB AMEX Platinum). I complained about the devaluation, as I'll be loosing the level miles through AF/KL purchases (the 60 XP's I'll get in the future are a fart in the air compared to what I used to earn on level miles).
I said for me there is much less value for the card thus they should reduce the fee. They said there is no intention to do anything like that but that they are expecting some enhancements in the first quarter of 2018. Also, they confirmed many card holders are complaining. Let's hope for the best.