FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:39 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Gajan
From my experience, it depends on the card you have. From what I have read, if you have a co-branded Silver or Gold card, they can offer you a (full) discount on the fees.

with the platinum card we have never gotten any discount, but do get extra miles on purchases for 3 months & bonus miles. Has anyone with the platinum card managed got a reduction on the fees?
I have the French Gold FB Amex since 1999. I read several times in FT that you could have the annual fee waived when you spend more than a certain sum every year. So I tried last year or 2 years ago and my request was declined. At 1st they didn’t even know what I was talking about and then they passed the call to a supervisor who told me they did that only once or twice (in terms of years they applied this policy) but they weren’t doing that anymore.
So I’d be curious to know if some other posters here have succeeded to have the fee waived for the French gold FB Amex.

Last edited by Goldorak; Nov 21, 2017 at 12:51 pm