FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:42 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Sure. But one might at the very least expect a "traveler" to read the 'history and culture' section about a country or city in Lonely Planet before leaving the confines of an upgraded western hotel room and lounge, mightn't one?

More to the point, Ben seems to lack any curiosity or desire to learn about different countries, cultures or places. Over and over when he runs into different cultures or norms he ends up frustrated or looking foolish. Which, again, is fine: he likes the bubble he stays in most of the time. But I would say that makes him a 'professional vacationer,' not a 'professional traveler.'

YMMV!
Hasn't this topic been beaten to death? At the end of the day it's subjective and he seems to make a healthy income off the website. Believe me, there would be even MORE negative feedback if Ben actually tried to document his travels beyond what he does now. He covers miles, points, premium cabins, and airline gossip. People complain he doesn't do more, but when he does they complain how bad it is. So I don't get the point of continually debating/discussing if he's an expert traveler.