FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:36 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This is a timely comment. The person who is responsble for all of IB's travel websites has changed. I am very impressed with their new leader. She has spent the past several months staffing a new team who is tasked with product development for FlyerTalk. As part of that, we are in conversation about how better to take suggestions from members and get them in front of IB staff. It's a new work in progress but I am optimistic.
Was it her team that came up w/ this piece of pooey release/enhancement?

As others have mentioned, it's 'product development 101' to figure out what users want/need BEFORE implementing a new release - and also doing QA and beta testing before just implementing it willy-nilly across an entire BB that is is now resulting in people coming to FT less, looking to blogs & other sites.

FT is large enough it will survive w/ long term FTers leaving, but that's not really the business model any company should want.

Heck, you've got an entire team of mods that I'm sure would have been willing (or some of them anyway) to test the new software/provide input before it got released/dumped upon the general FT population/became a cluster-you-know-what by IB.

I have total faith in you, sandiego1k, for always thinking of what's best for FT & its members. ^ I do not have the same confidence in IB. Too many times they've implemented enhancements w/o input from FTers that had problems. Quite frankly their track record sucks, which is amazing for a company that owns a bunch of website.

And IBJoel, for gawd's sake can you get the reply w/ quote fixed? Ir's ridiculous that when I replied the reply window shrunk to 1/4 size & left justified & the type is so small that I can barely see what I'm typing. Geesh.

Cheers.