FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:12 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have the same issue. I’m guessing it is css rendering related.
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I have a suspicion the new auto-saving Quick Reply box is implicated. If you browse the same pages not logged in (so no reply ability) does it get better? That would also change other page behavior of course, so not really a conclusive test.
I was wondering this as well when I noticed the constant auto-saving happening so I tried the site in incognito mode logged out. It was much better, but like you said there are probably quite a few things on the page that only logged in users can see. Tough to narrow it down.

Originally Posted by bpe
There's definitely a whole lot of css involved (you can view the page source in most browsers if you're curious) and rendering is browser-dependent.

For me, with scripts completely disabled the website is quite a bit faster, similar to what it used to be like (usable again!). It also seems completely functional, which I guess is the advantage of relying so much on css. All forms of infinite scrolling are gone as well.
I went back to fully disabling scripts as well as isolating and turning off a few elements of the page I thought may be the offending party like the red boxes on the right seen in place of ads with ad block on. It's a lot better and the site is fully functional, but still some nagging issues.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
How many of the 600,000+ FTers do you think know about CSS, much less how to disable scripts etc, just to get an IBB to function properly. The onus should be on the IBB to provide a smooth, functional BB that will enhance/complement the content - not create an 'enhanced' version that is a piece of pooey that's causing people to post less , consider looking at other BBs or just subscribing to the various bloggers & leaving FT behind.
Amen. Sadly FT is one of its kind and the clicks and views will always be there so there is very little pressure to make a fully functional, smooth site with no risk of losing meaningful views.