FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:27 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 84fiero
And even in past polls that IB set up, frequent user preferences/suggestions were ignored while things no one asked for (like infinite scroll) were what subsequently got rolled out. When the users are the creators of 99% of the site content, it's not a good attitude to have towards users. But as with airline devaluations and race-to-the-bottom "enhancements", enough people use it that ultimately it will plod along in spite of it all...at least for awhile.

As I understand it, the Suggestion Box more or less took the place of the TB forum place as a means to communicate to the CD. However I didn't think the CD was/is involved in the decision-making for technical and/or design aspects of the site. But maybe I was wrong. The below post from IB seems to imply that the CD would hold some sway over design aspects of this change...if that isn't the case, though, then the below suggestion is nothing more than telling users to pound sand.
This is a timely comment. The person who is responsble for all of IB's travel websites has changed. I am very impressed with their new leader. She has spent the past several months staffing a new team who is tasked with product development for FlyerTalk. As part of that, we are in conversation about how better to take suggestions from members and get them in front of IB staff. It's a new work in progress but I am optimistic.