FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:59 pm
PremiumSeat

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by rjw242
Even on a 14-hour flight I'd happily figure out my own meals for a $100 voucher (spending probably one-tenth that). No airline food is worth that much.
It’s not just the exact monetary value of the individual food and beverage items that’s the issue. It’s the fact that, at least I for one, pay for the premium cabin to have a true premium experience overall inflight, which includes not only a quality hard product, but a quality soft product --- i.e., amenity kits, PJs, food, and wine. IMO, the whole of the premium experience is worth more than the sum of its individual parts. Having an intercontinental premium flight catered like domestic first (or worse) or a premium transcontinental flight catered well below standard, if at all, is just a disgrace. I know I’ve made substantially the same comment before elsewhere in this tread, but AA’s “management” of this situation is nothing short of a joke. There’s no excuse ---- in particular pushing three weeks in ---- for AA’s monumentally botched management of this situation which appears to have no broad-based end in sight. Also, to make matters worse, to the best of my knowledge, AA has no real communications program in place to apprise customers of what they are doing to fix this and when it will be fixed in any detail ---- an e-mail sent a day or two before one’s flight letting one know that there will be no proper catering doesn’t really count as a communications “program”.