FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for Earning 20k AQMs
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:30 pm
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by arf04
Two questions:

1. Can someone help me (or better yet, just figure out) what YQR-YVR-TPE-YVR-YQR would net me in terms of AQM on a PY fare?

2. I'm very much on the fence about doing this as a MR to get to SE. It'd have to be late this week as after that I have other travel and commitments that mean I can't be away for the several days it'd take. So, other than concierge services what are the main benefits that would make a MR worthwhile? I'd be spending about $1600 for the ticket plus a few hundred for a hotel in TPE as I'd plan to at least do a quick look around while there. I'll be an E75 for sure next year in any case, so should be doing ok for most benefits but am trying to weigh in whether the pluses are truly worth it.

Thanks!
Put each leg into a air miles calculator (google) and multiple by 1.25x. Then remove a bit in case AC doesn't 100% tie up.

SE advantages are well covered in many threads, depends what your travel is like. For me the lack of copay TATL/TPAC, IKK and no or less YQ on AP redemptions would be top of the list; along with concierge as stated.