FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:50 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I've tried for several days, and with other IB forum upgrades that have done this latest "upgrade", and I still can't quite figure out what is causing the massive CPU and RAM spike. Even with infinite scrolling off, and script blockers and the various trackers and bots blocked, but with and WITHOU ad-blocking enabled, I still get fans and CPU spiking in Chrome. Haven't tried yet enough with Safari, but will try further when I have time. Indeed, certainly spending LESS time on the site than historically.
This is what I've been saying. There is something running on these pages and I have absolutely no idea what it is. With Ad/Script Blockers on or off, it makes no difference. I've been trying to figure it out and just can't identify what the issue is. It is grinding the forum to a halt for me when my typical browsing experience is to open all the threads I'm interested in as tabs in a browser window first.

Some pages still don't fully load for some reason. They are fully functional, but there is something happening that just isn't completing the loading process. I've tried both Firefox and Safari and just can't figure out what the issue is. I've even gone through and isolated and turned off various elements on the page to see if one may be the offending party but it isn't working. I'm still theorizing it is something ad related, but because I have no ads on my screen at all (with Ad Blocker on or off), I have no way of proving that.