FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:42 pm
TJ1010F

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Keep your eyes closest on THAT one, changing it won't cost you anything. If there's another you have an interest in then sure keep an eye on that too, but it'll cost ya. I'm always surprised when people are on LH in the first place since it costs so much, but don't start adding change fees on top of that. LH opens J/F space close in to the fly date IIRC. What I suggest is maybe sign up for Expertflyer and set up an alert, or remind yourself to check every day. It's worth it in the end. The MUC-ATH if it opens, cool, if not, who cares, it's only gonna be Euro-biz anyway. I just booked a totally J trip minus WAW-IEV. The only reason I even care to bump it up is to make the whole trip J, though I know the J for that flight will be pointless.
Thanks a lot for the advice. I actually just got notification they automatically changed my MUC-ATH to J today. Will keep a look out for last YYZ-MUC or YYZ-XXX-ATH to complete the J.
Part of the the reason for LH is that, I think because I'm not booking a full like 12 months out but rather for 6 months a lot of the good non YQ options for my dates are taken. Either way I was going to eat YQ on AC or LH from what was available so just went with the one with the best timing that leaves Fri night.