FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:32 pm
gotkwah

Originally Posted by aba030
I didn't do my homework and missed the fact refunds don't factor into spend to hit the bonus threshold. As a result, I've now hit the $2K spend mark and my next statement date is 12/15. In order to get the 60K bonus to post in 2018, it appears my only option is to try to move the statement date. Does anyone know if it would be possible to move a December statement date into January? Thank you!!
I dont understand what your comment about refunds has to do with the rest of your post. I would expect you to say "I didnt realize refunds dont count so i just missed the 2k spend requirement because of a return" but what relevance does it have now that you hit the $2k?
trying to change closing dates is a possibility but i dont know if chase would let you change it to be that far out. it would mean your current statement is like 6+ weeks long...I have successfully made my closing date sooner to get points to post earlier, but not the other way around.
One idea. maybe you could do a refund of something your purchased to force your points back down below the $2k threshold and then charge again next month. this is assuming you still have extra time to get the bonus and this isnt your last month.

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
In the past, the WN CP has been triggered immediately upon hitting $2k, regardless of closing date.

Worth a shot trying to call Chase. Might as well.

Let us know what happens
I completely disagree. the CP wont trigger until your statement closes, which is when the points are deposited to your Rapid Rewards account. The points do not post until a statement period closes.