FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:47 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by C W
Seems like most of the bugs are quashed.

I still don't like the new design at all.

Maybe it's time for another poll.
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
They'll just delete it like they have done with the others, probably like this post will be, soon. They've got the same attitude as the Fark.com admins during one of their infamous format changes. "We'll get over it."

Being hostile to your membership is not conducive to people willing to contribute content. Unfortunately, like Fark, the membership here is big enough that inertia will carry them past this hiccup.

And I say this as someone who runs a long-standing message board, myself.
And even in past polls that IB set up, frequent user preferences/suggestions were ignored while things no one asked for (like infinite scroll) were what subsequently got rolled out. When the users are the creators of 99% of the site content, it's not a good attitude to have towards users. But as with airline devaluations and race-to-the-bottom "enhancements", enough people use it that ultimately it will plod along in spite of it all...at least for awhile.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Even if TalkBoard existed today, the latest upgrade of FlyerTalk would not be under the purview of its members.
As I understand it, the Suggestion Box more or less took the place of the TB forum place as a means to communicate to the CD. However I didn't think the CD was/is involved in the decision-making for technical and/or design aspects of the site. But maybe I was wrong. The below post from IB seems to imply that the CD would hold some sway over design aspects of this change...if that isn't the case, though, then the below suggestion is nothing more than telling users to pound sand.

Originally Posted by IBobi
Sorry you feel that way. I have a pile of active tickets from what's been reported. Bugs are functions that are not working as designed. That's not the same thing as a complaint about something that is working as designed, and someone just doesn't like it. We are at this time not addressing those, as they are not bug reports, which is what has explicitly been requested here.

I strongly suggest that you wait and see what the site looks and acts like after we're done smoothing out the bugs; if there are things you don't like then, please use the Suggestion Box forum

Thanks

Paul
[emphasis added]