FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any recommendations for those who digitize 35mm negatives or prints inexpensively?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:31 pm
RustyC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Any recommendations for those who digitize 35mm negatives or prints inexpensively?

Well, for better or worse I've determined that I did my best work at the tail end of the film era. The dream sabbatical and all the best trips occurred from 1996 into 2003, when I made the switchover. Maybe I was just more disciplined with film, or maybe I traded compact size for functionality gradually afterward.

In any event. I've got hundreds if not thousands of negatives it'd be nice to digitize. Does anyone do that cheaply? India? Bangladesh? Any recommendations?

I also have most of the prints, though some processors like Wolf did better than others and quality is uneven. I bought a home unit at Kohl's and did a few, but it's as tedious as washing dishes and there's a yellow-brownish tint when doing negatives that maybe someone else's super-duper unit has a way to correct. Prints are generally in good shape.

Am neither a professional nor a perfectionist with this, so would be looking for low cost and better than could be done at home. Does anyone do that?