FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Itinerary Change - is this ok?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:16 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT, RichardJFuller

Originally Posted by RichardJFuller
.... I am curious if United is 100% in the right here, or if it is reasonable for me to have expected more from them given the situation?
While I would not use the phrase "100% in the right", UA did not violate any law / DOT regulation. Such as involuntarily denied boarding.

With the aircraft change, UA had to reroute some (including you). Would it have been nice for UA to notify you of the change or given you priority to stay on the rescheduled flight, yep it would have been but UA is not required to do either.

Per the contract with you, the Contract of Carriage, they gave you a free cancellation. Additionally you could have gotten a change of schedule (based on availability).

The power relationship with airlines is strong baised in favor of the airlines. The greatness power you have is to do what you did, take the refund and purchase from another carrier.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 18, 2017 at 7:21 pm Reason: power relationship