FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:20 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Globaliser
There is a big difference, though. InsideFlyer is full of tumbleweed and devoid of content, in contrast to FT.

For example, on InsideFlyer the last post to the BA board was on 20 September 2017. There have been 12 posts to that board in the whole of 2017.

Even worse, the last post to the QF board was on 5 April 2017, although it's doing better in 2017 post count: 15 posts.
Content is only as good as it is presented. Unfortunately, I am sure the FT administrators know they are the only site with content of its kind on the web and because of it are free to do as they please without fear of losing clicks and views. That is a very disappointing way to run a website.

Bugs aside, the aesthetics of this upgrade alone are jarring, to say the least. Opening FT in a dimmed airplane cabin is like staring into the sun, no matter what brightness your screen is set at.

EDIT: It does look like they changed the Forum button back to going to the Trending Threads page, which I appreciate. I wonder why it keeps going back and forth, is this a bug or just uncertainty in what admins actually want?