FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:51 pm
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We stopped by for a look. It's roughly comparable in distance from Yellowstone to staying in Jackson. I wouldn't want to do that. It's not just the time it takes to get to Yellowstone but then you have substantial distances to drive within the park. I'd try to book the presidential suite at the Lake Hotel inside Yellowstone (only possible to book by phone, so availability is better than normal lodging). We spent two nights there this August and found it very comfortable. Then I'd stay at Amangani before or after my stay in the park.
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Drive to Yellowstone is about 2 hours to the entrance. Much, much too far to be the base for an adequate tour of Yellowstone. Fine for the Tetons.
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
We did .
However , we were driven by an Aman guide who was extremely knowledgeable about the area & parks . We enjoyed the drive to Yellowstone & scenery so for us using Gani as a base in this manner was a breeze . We were packed a picnic lunch which we had at the lodge . Started early for a whole day trip .
The Tetons was like right there , so depends on how many times you wanted to drive around .
We did not rent a car , & back then it was not busy so the Aman vehicle & guys were readily available .

You may want to check it out what it is like now .

thanks for all the info; my parents have decided that the altitude is too high for my dad (he doesn't sleep well above 6K feet)... might look into Amangiri for them....

FDW