FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:44 am
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Ok, I hate the changes. The endless scrolling in threads (rather than pages) sucked on the phone when I was trying to avoid vacuuming up data; it sucks on my computer since it often triggers a "scroll jump" when the page extends.

Aesthetically it is also not to my taste, to put it mildly, and getting this surprise the other day was not a pleasant experience. I'm not sure what the point of this exercise was, but the recent trend towards websites updating their interfaces to look "sleeker" and bungling it seems to be gaining momentum.
Well, let's see:

- When I try to scroll fast up to the top of the page on a laptop (for instance to read a wiki) the scroll position returns me to where I originally was. Dear website, I KNOW WHERE I WANT TO GO WHEN I SCROLL A DOCUMENT AND YOU DON'T. KINDLY DON'T TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD BE DOING WHEN I SCROLL A WEB PAGE. YES I AM SHOUTING.

- The ads jumping into the middle of text when you resize the page on a mobile device (yes, I am using the desktop site on a mobile device, again, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO) are a nice touch. I do so love having an ad jump into the middle of text I am reading. Oh, FlyerTalk, about me turning ads off on desktop, how about THERE WILL BE ICE RINKS IN THE NINTH CIRCLE OF HELL BEFORE I DO THAT GIVEN ALL THE "YOU HAVE WON A THOUSAND DOLLAR WALMART GIFT CARD" BROWSER HIJACKS YOU HAVE. YOUR ADVERTISER QUALITY BLOWS GOATS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALLOWING ADVERTISERS WHO HIJACK BROWSERS. PICK BETTER ADVERTISERS.

Ahem. Yeah, I'm shouty about this.