FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A very warm welcome back to Club Europe!!! And good bye President...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:41 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
A very warm welcome back to Club Europe!!! And good bye President...

And you might be wondering what I am welcoming back and saying good bye to?

A very warm welcome back to salted butter. Anchor to be specific, if you are wondering if they simply went for President Demi-sel. But in fact it's good bye to President. I am certainly not shedding any tears over that. Nothing against the French butter but it wasn't salted, and Demi-sel isn't really salted enough for my liking.

The Anchor that was on my tray looked like the Wiltshire version of Anchor rather than the New Zealand version (I don't have anything against the NZ version, I often choose to have NZ butter when I am in Australia), although I could not see any indication of its 'origin', but it certainly was proper, salted butter! That's all that matters...

I even have a photo to prove it if you don't believe it.

Also, what happened to the grey mystery stuff that used to be part of the English breakfast?! Well good bye to that as well. Got very nice, fluffy scrambled eggs. How did they manage to do that when they don't do it from scratch on board!? It's a mystery but it really was the best scrambled eggs I have had on board so far. I told the purser and she said they were getting a lot of complimentary comments about the new scrambled eggs.

I thought about adding this to the CE catering thread but decided that salted butter issue is serious enough to warrant its own thread given the feedback it had here (and heard on board). The scrambled eggs are just an aside (although rather welcome, of course).

I do hope this is a permanent change. If this thread gets busy enough, BA might just take notice and make sure it's permanent (one could live in hope).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 18, 2017 at 8:35 am Reason: Update with more info