FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF or MU to PVG?
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:34 am
Sjondorn

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
J : even if BEST on AF ?
P : you seems to say that MU P is better than AF P ? That would be the 1st time I hear this. I'm not saying you're wrong because I have never flown MU in P (nor in J) but knowing how good AF P has become in the air and on the ground, I have never seen/read MU being in the same league. Just curious. Price-wise, MU might be much cheaper of course, but my question is related to quality of the soft and hard product.
I've yet to fly with BEST J (next month) or P on AF, flown it on MU (once in J and once in P) between LAX and PVG on their 777 and it's been a while. Certainly the P seat isn't a coffin (you don't have ceiling there nor the walls go all the way to the ceiling, so no, if you're fly as a couple, the middle seats won't be soundproof ), it's a suite with a door and a proper bed and there's a bar area for P between the two front seats. Service wise hard to tell as I've flown P only once so far, generally expect Asian cuisine and no idea about ground services. But over AF A380 P, I'd want MU 777 P seat for sure. With AF 777 P, not sure actually (as I don't know which lounge you'd be in with MU if you fly from CDG, if not the AF's one than probably that would make me switch to AF). Well, I guess it depends on what you're looking for on the soft product. Price wise I suppose it's similar to AF - sometimes it's not that much over J fare, which is what it was in my case.

J looks similar to BEST (not sure where the real difference is between "full" and "lightweight"), the seats look shinier on MU.

One thing to pay attention to is that with Chinese airlines, when you get upgraded you may only get the seat and not the service (seen this on some Chinese Southern Y -> J).

Last edited by Sjondorn; Nov 18, 2017 at 4:45 am