FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Forward accounts being converted to Citi Preferred MasterCard on January 3, 2018
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:48 pm
halamadrid

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Will do the same thing tomorrow. My wife and I have no need for a 2nd Preferred that we use 1-2 times a year.

Early on 4/2016 I used my Premier card to use most of my points on trips and cancelled it on 4/30. Also 6/2016 I quit using my Forward because of the changes so I only have ~200 points left on my Forward card.
It's just bad news all around. The only reason I was holding on to my Forward was because I was charging a nominal amount every month to get the 100 TY points benefit (...and b/c I couldn't product change to anything else). With the TY Preferred there's just nothing to write home about. I'm not too invested in the TY points system, but since I pay no fee for the TY premier and I also have an old Citi Professional with a good CL I'm going to keep hanging on. They've also been steadily adding transfer partners, which could eventually make TY points a bit more valuable for me.