FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:25 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
It is not like BoA or Barclays that show them as different accounts, there is a single account listing for the master account and you can select individual accounts to view activity at the bottom of the status screen (I think. I never had multiple cards).
It's changed since I had my previous business AA card (closed about 2.5 years ago). Back then, there were two account numbers even if you had no employees. But now, with both the website and statements redesigned, I can't find any trace of their being a second account visible on either the website or the statement.

But the question is, has the separate "master account" been eliminated, or only hidden? I seem to recall it was pretty hidden in the past as well, but many people had to cancel the "master account" explicitly or else some people were not able to ever apply for another business card (after closing the first one "incompletely"). Though just to confuse things, some small fraction of people were able to apply for the card again despite not having closed the "master account" explicitly. But we never figured what was "special" about those people.

But then again, we didn't have a required 24-month wait back then, so maybe the master account auto-closed within 24 months, I dunno.