FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:21 am
RatherBeInYOW

Programs: AC SE*MM
Connecting through YYZ yesterday. Clear NEXUS, heading down the transfer hallway to go to the transfer desk before I go upstairs to re-clear security.

The lady in the hallway checking boarding passes (I have no idea why they do this either FWIW) is busy with some VBITs who have about 8 bags on trolleys and are trying to find their onward BPs. I just scan my BP at the little machine and walk past to go through the doors to the transfer desk. The agent sees me walking past:

Hallway Agent: SIR! WHERE ARE YOU GOING? WAIT FOR ME TO BE DONE WITH THESE PEOPLE!
Me: I'm connecting to Ottawa, just going through.
Hallway Agent: Do you have checked bags?
Me: No. I'm just going to go ahead, okay?
Hallway Agent: Okay...

There is a free agent at the transfer desk, who is of course engrossed in her iPhone and doesn't look up. I "ahem" rather loudly so she'll look up and I start to walk forward and tell her that I want to be on standby for the next flight to YOW when all of a sudden the agent from the hallway bursts through the doors behind us:

Hallway agent: SIR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE? YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!
Me: Um, I'm getting put on standby for an earlier flight?
Hallway agent: Oh, okay (sheepishly back though the door)

I'm sure these people deal will a lot of clueless travellers. But it isn't like I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt and flip-flops with a confused look on my face; I'm in business clothes with a roll bag and laptop bag with AC tags on them. And I'm not "supposed to be" at the transfer desk?