FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:12 am
MD/DC Flyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Sorry for any confusion...here's the final clarification...

The weekend night reward code will be delivered 6-8 weeks after passing the $10,000 spend threshold. This is the same process Hilton and Citi have been using. We will continue that process with Citi until January 30th and will use the same process with Amex beginning January 30, 2018.

Thank you!
Lauren
Lauren,

The Citi certificate had been posted 6-8 weeks after the payment of the annual fee at the end of the card year not once the $10,000 had been passed (otherwise I am about 5 months overdue for the certificate as my spend was completed months ago).

The real question is when this year certificate will be given for those of us who have annual fee coming in the next couple of months.

My annual fee is up in December. I would like to know when my certificate would be posted, as I would like to cancel the card as soon as possible. Having already two Amex Surpass cards, I really don't need a third one and the only reason the Citi card is still open is that I'm due the certificate. Of course much more complicated issue is that the time I'll have to cancel (based on past experience on when the certificate post) will likely be after the transition - would Amex refund the annual fee I've paid to Citi?