FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA to French Polynesia???
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:01 pm
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Halo117
just making sure you are aware that u could have banked AA miles and flown TN...also earn aa miles while flying a paid ticket as well. I did this and while UA/*A can't take you everywhere i fill in the gaps with other programs.

the real question this thread should focus on is potentially 5 carriers from the US serving PPT (UA, TN, AF, HA & an LCC)...is there money to be made?
Exactly. UA is not the only game in town. We redeemed HA miles to PPT, and AS miles to APW. I used VA miles to get to Tonga. And UA miles to get to Fiji.
There is always a way. This is FT, we make a way.

How is there enough traffic to warrant this capacity to PPT - its not like its the Bahamas - not exactly a common destination to visit. Are there really that many Americans that would go there to fill >4000 seats a week?

Originally Posted by DA201
I will be extremely happy if this is true. I have been trying to take my family to Bora Bora for years, but the prices during the times I have wanted to go are ridiculous. When Asia, Europe, and even Hawaii are much cheaper, it is difficult to argue for Bora Bora. However, even if UA keeps the prices high, I can now use miles and not have to fly to New Zealand first!
Youre AA Gold - assuming you have AA miles - you can already get to PPT on miles, even from Hawaii.