FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lloyds Avios credit cards: many cards blocked for fraud
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:25 pm
CountryKerry

Programs: BA Bronze
Had $1800 put through in USA, California, Riverside all in a day. That's $600, each, at "Kids Foot Locker", "Build-a-Bear" and "Hollister".

Pretty annoyed because an unusually large transaction by myself - probably a few minutes beforehand - went through fine for chip and pin in London, for 90% of my limit. The fraud transactions pushed me over my credit limit and Lloyds response to this is; "Pay off the fraud element, then claim it back. Or wait a week, then you'll see a credit". Meanwhile I get lovely messages tell me I owe them money! Their system never put 2+2 together! I checked my account before the London transaction, then when I checked later to see it went through I saw the fraudulent ones!

It's a brand new card as well, issued two weeks ago - and the first transaction with it was in fact on the same day as all this took place. I'm thinking either a breach with Royal Mail - but nothing looked tampered with - or Lloyds has a lot to answer for!

Interestingly - the agent joked I get to keep the Avios!