FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:21 am
pokeygirl

Originally Posted by Happy
I suggest you read others posts more carefully and thoroughly before you jumped in to question others when the information was already posted LONG BEFORE you asked.

Hint: Look at the time line of pokegirl's post and her specific language.... Tthe agent has found a better offer she is eligible. And the info was posted on Nov 10, several posts BEFORE you posted your question posted on Nov 15 - 5 days after she told the community about the 20K/$3K offer still exists.
Yes, that is right. There is a Nov 8 post on DoC discussing the new promo 20K/5K, in the comments there are two DP that folks had received the 20K/3K offer via the phone on Nov9. I think there is an older post on the same site which mentions others sporadically getting the better offer. It's perhaps false to tie the comment time to the application time, but I did notice that the 20K/3K offer seems to happen later in the day, so I called the number on the application at ~4:30 PDT and the agent found the offer. He was located in San Antonio.

I wasn't targeted for the online 20K/5K offer. I had called the general application number several times before, soon after someone reported success with a phone app but no agent ever found anything other than the 0% BT offer for me. Maybe it wasn't the specific time, maybe it was that I finally called the number on the application instead of the general line. I always started by saying that a friend had recently been extended that specific 20K/3K offer on the phone and was calling to see if I was eligible for something similar. The agent found it after I had given him my name and address. I also had been going to the amex site to look for pre-qual'ed offers so perhaps they also finally had record of my interest in that card. Maybe he was just a nice guy who was willing to look and knew how to find things in the system. I don't really know.